Advisory AS18/07 has been released and describes the minimum requirements for health service organisations’ compliance with Action 3.17 (formerly Action 3.14 in the 2017 NSQHS Standards) for reprocessing of reusable medical devices in health service organisations. This advisory replaces Version 9.0 published November 2022.
Here is a summary of the changes:
- Timeframes for compliance with replacement of equipment used for reprocessing of reusable medical devices in health service organisations have been removed.
- Timeframes for all other requirements have been extended.
- Extensions for compliance available for:
- effective segregation of clean and dirty activities
- storage of reprocessed medical devices
- cleaning, disinfecting and sterilising equipment.