Contact Us if you are interested in advertising on this page.
Please be advised that the companies listed on this page are for your information and interest only. Day Hospitals Australia does not recommend or endorse any advertisers listed. These are provided on the basis that users make their own decisions about approaching the consultant or company to provide work, services or technology.
To consider the services provided by Day Hospitals Australia Industry Partners and Members, please click here.
Index of Consultants shown on this page (click on the name to be taken to more information further down this page):
- Day Hospital Consulting – Hospital Design, Leadership, Management and Quality Assurance Programs
- Governance Plus – Accreditation/Certification Specialists
- Space for Health – Planning, Design, Fitout and Construction
- HMED Consult – Health & Medical Business Consulting
Day Hospital Consulting Pty Ltd
Ph: 0417 737 122
Address: P O Box 5886, West End, QLD 4101
Day Hospital Consulting strives to provide innovative and practical solutions to ensure delivery of expected outcomes. Utilising the latest industry resources and technology, and with experience of over 35 years in the public and private health industry, Day Hospital Consulting has strong practical experience in design, planning, clinical pathways development, re-design, and setup (including equipment procurement and costing) of hospitals, day hospitals and medical practices.
Day Hospital Consulting expertise is in Hospital Licensing and accreditation (both ISO: 9001 and ACHS).
Other key functions are strategic management and business planning, feasibility, ongoing management of both clinical and administrative functions, human resource management, implementation of electronic and manual quality management systems, infection control management, and patient record management systems.
|Leith has been the Director of Day Hospital Consulting Pty Ltd for eleven years and consulted and worked in multi sites across Australia over the years and was the first awarded Life Member of the Australian Day Hospital Association in 2008 (now known as Day Hospitals Australia Ltd); and committee and board member of multi private hospital committees and representative to many regulatory organisations.|
She was the inaugural winner (2006) of the Sue-Ellen Toms award for excellence in practice management; as well the recipient for the Australian Private Hospitals Association/Baxter Healthcare Inaugural (2005) Award for Quality and Excellence in Healthcare- Ambulatory Care environment for Montserrat Day Hospitals when CEO. Leith has worked on over 100 health projects in various capacities over these and is currently working in a number of day hospital facilities and private hospital health facilities.
Contact: Sandy Thomson 0407 008 289
The vision and mission of GovernancePlus is to support patient safety improvements through our pre survey accreditation/certification, specialist reviews and education programs and to work in partnership with organisations to implement and sustain best practice patient/client safety, quality and risk management systems.
Key milestones achieved include recent certification to ISO 9001:2015 and the 2015 Australian and West Australian Gold Foundation Award for Entrepreneurial/ Start-Up Management Excellence. These awards are an external validation of the quality of our services and systems.
Access to specialist services includes:
- Design advice for new facility builds including licensing and interim accreditation
- Health fund contracts and 2nd tier funding
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Specialist reviews of clinical and corporate governance systems
Our data is showing that pre survey assessments are beneficial in terms of being a collaborative approach which enables an improved understanding of evidence requirements, and being able to speak more confidently as to continuous improvement initiatives and outcomes.
GovernancePlus clients also have access to an online learning portal (My LearningPlus) which assists organisations with their education requirements linked to the National Safety and Quality Health Service standards. The learning has been endorsed by the Australian College of Nursing for Continuous Professional Development hours. For further information go to http://mylearningplus.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also provide workshops and face to face education on an as required basis working in partnership with clients to ensure the information is targeted to needs. One of the most popular workshops has been on Clinical Handover and Mapping all points of handover.
Space for Health
At Space for Health, we look after the
PLANNING|DESIGN|FITOUT|CONSTRUCTION| of your Day Hospital from feasibility stage throughout completion of the project.
Our point of difference is the specialised team of Healthcare Architects, Designers and Projects Managers we have in house and the expert advice we provide from the feasibility and planning stage throughout completion of the project.
Our Services include:
- Business Case Development – Financial and Operational planning, budgeting, marketing, market research, etc.
- Site Feasibility and Assessment – We qualify the site before you sign the lease or acquire the property. We will make sure that your property is suitable including permits, accessibility, compliance, parking, base building services, etc.
- Design Development including Authorities Approvals – We look after the concept design throughout approvals from council and ministry of health. We make sure the design is first functional and maximizes the use of the space to optimise the staff movements and operation with a patient centric approach.
- Project Delivery Management – We tender the project on your behalf to our internal trades and other head contractors to get the best price in the market for your practice delivery. We deliver more than 200 project per year and our network of suppliers and internal PM staff guarantees a smooth delivery on time with the best price.
- Fitout and Construction
- Post Construction
We provide 7 years’ warranty on workmanship conducted on your project. Accredited in Quality Management, Environmental Management and WHS Management, our reputation is built on satisfied clients.
HMED Consult takes a practical approach to consultancy with clients to simplify meeting the NSQHS standards through education of all levels of the organisation ensuring all policies, procedures and protocols are understood and implemented.
Stacy Kambouris as the Director, works with clients to implement innovative solutions using knowledge and skills developed through his work as a surveyor to NSQHS and a registered nurse working at multiple levels of management for 22 years. Stacy’s expertise is valued within the health industry, as he presents workshops nationally on implementing quality frameworks incorporating Governance, Consumer frameworks, Infection Control and all other elements of the standards.
This simplified approach allows for the introduction of quality improvement strategies to ensure clients comply with industry standards through our step by step process:
- Educate: Support for every staff member through change of management
- Develop: Develop policy, procedure and protocols to match your organisation and meet the standards
The professional team of consultants at HMED, offers a high level of expertise within multiple areas in the health industry. This experience is supported by a willingness to work with clients to achieve the best outcomes by bringing practical business solutions to each client’s individual situations.
We can offer pre-accreditation support from when you’re considering accreditation through to being with you on the day of your assessment. If you have already been through accreditation, we can also assist with post accreditation plans and maintenance to ensure accreditation is met on a daily basis.
Call us today, to discuss our flexible consultancy packages.