Posted 7 October 2021
Nurse Unit Manager
We’re searching for a dedicated Nurse Unit Manager to lead our busy clinic in Canberra
- Opportunity to work with an incredibly passionate and skilled team
- Generous salary packaging and wide range of partner discounts
- Be a leader in an organisation that empowers people
We’re looking for a passionate and skilled Nurse Unit Manager to run our clinic in Canberra. If you’re a natural leader and want to assist in providing safe and accessible reproductive healthcare to women, men and people across the state, whilst making a positive impact to their lives, this role is for you.
We are an independent, non-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring sexual and reproductive health services are equally accessible to all people living in Australia. Marie Stopes Australia is the only national accredited provider of abortion, contraception and vasectomy services, and the country’s longest running provider of teleabortion. Our holistic, client-centred approach empowers individuals to control their reproductive health safely, and with dignity, regardless of their circumstances. Through active partnerships with healthcare providers, researchers and communities, our models of care ensure the total wellbeing of our clients is supported at every stage.
Lead our clinics to provide safe, high quality patient-centred care, as well as ensure the smooth running of the day to day operations such as rostering, financial planning and budgets, managing clinical risk and ensuring we provide best practice solutions in line with our policies and procedures. You will also liaise with external clinics and medical practitioners to develop relationships with local health providers.
What we need:
- A Pro-choice advocate
- Registered Nurse with AHPRA registration
- Extensive management experience in a clinical setting
- Knowledge of National Accreditation Standards and ACORN standards
- Ability to manage budgets and staffing requirements
- Experience achieving high clinical standards
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Leadership skills that promote a positive team culture
- Active and reflective listening skills with an understanding of how to provide empathetic care
What we’d like to see (but aren’t essential):
- Perioperative post-grad
- Leadership qualification
- Experience in day surgery, recovery, and women’s health
- Family Planning Certificate or Midwifery qualification
- Phlebotomy competency
What we’re offering:
- Generous salary packaging (considerably reducing your tax)
- Travel and accommodation for attendance at annual NUM conferences
- Reward platform and partner discounts
- Generous employee benefits program
- Supportive Employee Assistance and Wellness Program
- Opportunity to work with an incredibly passionate and skilled team
- Make a positive difference while being a part of an organisation with a global footprint
Who you’re joining
At MSA we believe in children by choice, not chance. Our vision is to help all Australians take control of their sexual and reproductive health.
Person and community centred healthcare involves cultural safety, a diverse workforce and multidisciplinary skills. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people of migrant and refugee backgrounds, people with disability and LGBTIQ+ people.
To be eligible for this position you must have an appropriate Australian work visa. Marie Stopes Australia does not provide work visa sponsorships.
If interested please apply by sending your CV to Shannon Garrett at Shannon.email@example.com
Integrity | Agency | Safety | Quality | Courage
Posted 24 September 2021
PO Box 40947
Casuarina NT 0811
Phone: (08) 79222250
Fax: (08) 79222288
Darwin Day Surgery is located in tropical Darwin in the Northern Territory.
We have two operating rooms, 5 first stage recovery bays and 8 second stage recovery chairs.
We provide services in the specialties of Endoscopy, Plastics, IVF, Dental and General Surgery.
We are fully accredited against the National Standards and in our last accreditation cycle achieved no recommendations and several “met with merits”
Our Quality Management system is ISO 9001
We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic experienced Quality Nurse to continue in the steps of our current Coordinator while she plans her retirement (so all the hard work is done).
Qualifications & Experience:
- Registered Nurse with current APHRA Registration
- Min 3 Years Peri-Operative Experience
- Proven experience in Quality and Risk Management
- Working knowledge of AS/NZS ISO 9001 Quality Management System
- Able to work with minimal direction
- Quality Management of Darwin Day Surgery
- Auditing, Risk Management
- Policy and Procedure updating and formulation in conjunction with the Manager
- Collation of clinical indicators
- Incident Management
- Assist with staff training
- Flexibility with hours
- Supportive management team
- No weekends or “call”
- Tropical COVID free (so far) lifestyle
- Above award wages (salary $95 – $110,000)
Please send enquiries or applications to Manager@darwindaysurgery.com.au
Or phone Maureen on 0402 250 037
Posted 20 September 2021
Interim Practice Manager
The Skin Health Institute is a busy, not-for-profit, Centre for Excellence in Dermatology. We are the go-to service for dermatology treatment, education and research, providing medical and surgical services to patients in a stand-alone Day Procedure Centre. We run 24 sub-specialty Clinics, undertake clinical trials and research, and provide world-class education to local, national and international audiences. We have a multi-disciplinary team of medical, nursing and allied health staff working together to deliver the highest quality support and care to our patients.
The Skin Health Institute in Carlton is seeking an Interim Practice Manager to cover leave for approximately 2-3 months (until Christmas) and if required, can be part-time.
For a copy of the Position Description or an informal chat, please contact Janice Fernandes, Director Clinical Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted 16 August 2021
Competitive Perm Hourly Rate Long Term Role
Hamilton House is a fully accredited and licensed Day Surgery south of Adelaide, specialising in Plastic Surgery.
Dr Richard Hamilton is the Medical Director and Principal Surgeon at Hamilton House. He is highly respected by his peers in Plastic Surgery.
Skin cancer, Hand surgery and Cosmetic Plastic Surgery are the main areas of surgery.
A permanent, part time position, commencing immediately is available at Hamilton House Day Surgery for a Theatre/Anaesthetic/Recovery Nurse.
Hours are approximately 25 hours per week, over three days. Days are Mondays, Tuesday, Wednesdays and one Friday in four.
If you are an experienced and motivated Anaesthetic/Theatre RN/EN who thrives in a busy and rewarding environment, this position may suit you.
Ideally, you have some anaesthetic/theatre/recovery experience, sound knowledge of operating room practices and procedures and an interest in further developing your perioperative nursing. A commitment to being part of a small team is important as is the commitment to the delivery of high standard patient care.
- Registered as an Enrolled/Registered Nurse with AHPRA
- Recent experience as Anaesthetic Nurse
- Recent perioperative nursing experience as Scrub/Scout
- Recent experience as Recovery Nurse
- Sound clinical knowledge of patient care and outcomes
- Commitment to quality patient care and attention to detail
- Excellent consumer service focus and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work within a small team
- Enthusiasm for participation in a team environment with excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Accreditation processes
- Availability to cover during staff leave
Ideally this position will suit an experienced and highly motivated Anaesthetic/Theatre RN/EN who thrives in a busy and rewarding environment, this is a rare chance to join the friendly Day Surgery Team at Hamilton House.
Interested applicants are invited to apply for this exciting position.
A complete description of the role and job / person specification is available on our current vacancies page at: www.mconsultingsolutions.net , click on current vacancies
Contact : www.mconsultingsolutions.net
Phone Kane McCard on 0422 626 997 for further information.
Confidentiality of applicants is assured.
Nurse Unit Manager / Registered Endoscopy Nurse
Inner West Endoscopy Centre – Sydney and South Western Endoscopy Centre – Liverpool
We are seeking a Nurse Unit Manager or experienced Registered Endoscopy Nurse to join our team in a private day hospital in a permanent role.
In this role you will be responsible for coordination and management of day to day activities of patient care, facilities & equipment, human resources, implementing and evaluating all practices, processes and clinical services within the day hospital, as well as Quality Management / Accreditation and ongoing compliance to the National Standards.
- Registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse
- Leadership and management skills
- Proven knowledge as a senior Nurse or Manager or Endoscopy Nurse
- Ability to plan, develop, implement and evaluate continuous improvement / risk management of the quality program in accordance to the National Standards
- Demonstrated understanding of financial management
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience in managing clinical staff, recruitment, rostering and performance management
- Permanent position 4-5 days per week
- Flexible working hours
- Car parking
- Support of management
Please email Mary Elmazis at: email@example.com