Posted 30 July 2021
NURSE UNIT MANAGER
The Skin Health Institute is a busy, not-for-profit, Centre for Excellence in Dermatology. We are the go-to service for dermatology treatment, education and research, providing medical and surgical services to patients in a stand-alone Day Procedure Centre. We run 24 sub-specialty Clinics, undertake clinical trials and research, and provide world-class education to local, national and international audiences. We have a multi-disciplinary team of medical, nursing and allied health staff working together to deliver the highest quality support and care to our patients.
The NUM is responsible for managing the provision of nursing, medical, surgical, and allied health care within Clinical (Treatment) Services, as well as clinical governance and continuous improvement initiatives with a focus on patient outcomes, and efficient and effective delivery of services. Reporting to the Director, Clinical Services (DCS), the NUM will work collaboratively as a member of the management team, to provide contemporary and dynamic management to implement the Institute’s objectives and strategy. The NUM will contribute to the operational growth of the program which includes expansion of services, developing a data-driven, and analytical, evidence base and best practice innovation to improve service delivery and the delivery of high quality, effective patient services.
The position is full-time (38 hours per week).
Key selection criteria:
- Registered Nurse with a current registration to practice from the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Post-graduate qualifications in management, leadership and/or business development desirable.
- Previous dermatology and theatre experience would be highly desirable.
- At least 3 years experience and demonstrated ability to lead and manage a multi-disciplinary clinical area and team, ensuring the provision of safe, quality and consumer directed services to patients.
- Ability to foster a positive, progressive team culture that motivates and inspires innovation, and generates high levels of staff and patient satisfaction.
- Evaluate and manage feedback and audit results, with a focus on continuous quality and safety improvement and service excellence.
- Sound knowledge of, and experience in the management of relevant clinical accreditation processes including NSQHS Standards and other relevant audit processes
- Demonstrated understanding of WH&S legislation and requirements, and relevant Awards and EBAs.
- Demonstrated understanding of healthcare financial systems including budgeting, Health Funds, cost and revenue management.
- Experience in analysis of relevant data and reports to enhance care delivery and program efficiency.
Please apply with a Letter of Interest, addressing the key criteria and your resume. If you would like to have a confidential discussion about the position, please contact Janice Fernandes, Director Clinical Services on 96239457 or email email@example.com.
Applications Close: Thursday 12th August 2021
Nurse Unit Manager / Registered Endoscopy Nurse
Inner West Endoscopy Centre – Sydney and South Western Endoscopy Centre – Liverpool
We are seeking a Nurse Unit Manager or experienced Registered Endoscopy Nurse to join our team in a private day hospital in a permanent role.
In this role you will be responsible for coordination and management of day to day activities of patient care, facilities & equipment, human resources, implementing and evaluating all practices, processes and clinical services within the day hospital, as well as Quality Management / Accreditation and ongoing compliance to the National Standards.
- Registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse
- Leadership and management skills
- Proven knowledge as a senior Nurse or Manager or Endoscopy Nurse
- Ability to plan, develop, implement and evaluate continuous improvement / risk management of the quality program in accordance to the National Standards
- Demonstrated understanding of financial management
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience in managing clinical staff, recruitment, rostering and performance management
- Permanent position 4-5 days per week
- Flexible working hours
- Car parking
- Support of management
Please email Mary Elmazis at: firstname.lastname@example.org