Victorian Cosmetic Institute Day Surgery (VIC)
Director of Nursing
VCI Day Surgery is a day surgery facility located in Templestowe Lower. The day surgery performs cosmetic and plastic surgery procedures.
Reporting to the Medical Director the Director of Nursing role requires strong management and leadership skills and extensive experience in a perioperative setting. We require a full time manager to provide leadership and governance to the clinical team.
Duties will include:
- Responsibility of ensuring the facility maintains DHHS registration and successful NSQHS renewal
- Produce and maintain an induction program for theatre nurses including orientation and competency of new employees
- Supervise performance of reportees, perform performance reviews and counsel staff when required
- Financial Management – Development of annual service budget, optimise management of revenue streams, monitor ongoing budget performance and seek ongoing efficiencies.
- Workforce Planning and Development – develop workforce capacity and maintain appropriate staff skill mix and competence to meet future service needs.
- Service Planning and Review – develop realistic operational management plans that reflect the strategic direction and performance objectives of the organisation.
- Ensure the Drugs and Poisons plan is adhered to and ensures the recording and safekeeping of all drugs in accordance with the statutory requirements
- Legislative Compliance – understands and manages the delegation of responsibility for achieving full compliance with all relevant areas of legislation ensuring adequate documentation and reporting is maintained.
- Ensure Nursing team maintain AHPRA registration
- Perform internal auditing as required
- Quality and Risk Management – ensure a systems approach to clinical safety, quality improvement and risk management is maintained
- Infection control management in liaison with the Infection Control nurse
- Ensure mandatory training for reportees is completed annually
- Ensure all guidelines relevant to the Nursing team and Day Surgery are current and easily accessible in the appropriate areas and that audits are completed
- Create, maintain and update all relevant policies and procedures that drive quality standards of nursing care and improve patient’s experiences, safety and outcomes with person-centred and evidence-based frameworks.
- Management and organisation of Day Surgery cases in liaison with the Day Surgery Bookings Coordinator
- Responsible for the efficient running of the Day Surgery, inclusive of stock levels, staffing and compliance with policies and regulatory requirements
- Facility and Equipment Management – understands the systems and equipment within the organisation
- Provide high-level clinical leadership and service development within the organisation, maintaining high standard of work practices and ensure integrity, respect and confidentiality
- Act as a role model and leader by performing and maintaining competency in all theatre nurse duties whilst demonstrating safe work behaviour
- Maintain relevant knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety issues
You will have:
- Current AHPRA registration
- Previous experience as a senior manager/leader within a perioperative environment
- Previous experience in leading healthcare professionals in the compliance with all local, state and federal requirements, including but limited to NSQHS, AHPRA and DHHS
- The ability to lead and influence a diverse team
- A strong commitment to high quality care
- The ability to be adaptable and resilient to change
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- A high degree of computer literacy
To apply for this position please forward your cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Hampton Park Women’s Health Clinic (VIC)
Director of Nursing
Hampton Park Women’s Health Clinic is a busy Day Procedure Centre that is seeking a passionate and hardworking Director of Nursing to join their team on a part time basis working 4 days per week. The centre has been operational since 2008 and continues to provide skilled and compassionate care to vulnerable patients.
The Director of Nursing is responsible for all day to day operations of the Day Surgery. Reporting directly to the CEO the DON will have great deal of responsibility across the business.
We are seeking an engaging and dynamic leader with strong experience at a management level who can effectively lead and manage the clinical and operational requirements, key stakeholder relationships and actively contribute to the strategic direction of Hampton Park Women’s Health Clinic. It will be a rewarding and challenging role that will provide the right applicant the ability to become an integral part of the team.
Click here for more information.
Alexandria Specialist Day Hospital (NSW)
Scrub Scout Anaesthetic Nurses
- Be part of the clinical team caring for patients in a state-of-the-art day hospital
- Work-life balance – no on call and no weekend work
- Excellent remuneration and flexible rostering
Click here to view the full advertisement.