Members are invited to attend the launch of the first national Acute Anaphylaxis Clinical Care Standard, hosted by the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care.
When: Wednesday 24 November, 1:00pm – 2:00pm AEDT
Format: Webcast event and panel discussion
The new standard addresses key areas for improvement in managing anaphylaxis. A panel of experts will discuss barriers to the prompt recognition of anaphylaxis, how to ensure appropriate treatment, safe discharge and follow-up care.
Speakers and panellists
- Associate Professor Amanda Walker – Clinical Director, the Commission
- Dr Peter Leman – Emergency and Acute Medical Physician, Fiona Stanley Hospital Perth WA
- Dr Preeti Joshi – Paediatric Clinical Immunology/Allergy Specialist and Staff Specialist of Allergy and Immunology, The Children’s Hospital, Westmead NSW
- Adjunct Associate Professor Alan Eade ASM – Chief Paramedic Officer, Safer Care Victoria, and Department of Paramedicine, Monash University
- Dr Joanne Simpson – General Practitioner, Sandringham VIC, with a special interest in allergic disease